Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Not All About Money, Honey!!

Fourth month of sitting at home. Apply-apply; no reply.... Though I received one or two interview calls; those did not materialized... In this arid recession time, I got an opportunity to do some freelancing. After years of working with MNCs and doing typical office job, this opportunity brought me new challenges. The job was to 'Review and Recommend' repair measures to balconies of old structure. I had to take help of 'friends'... though I was technically OK; I required help for documentation and legal formalities.

For the first time, on Sunday, May 24th, I used my P.Eng. stamp. And Monday I got my first pay check of the recession time. Though money is not a matter of interest here, satisfaction do. This job was like few droplets on hot sand desert for me. It gave immense pleasure, momentarily though!

It's not all about money, honey!
-Abhijit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congragulations!

AbhiShilpa said...

Thanks Mamta.

rvkhatri said...

Hello Abhijit,

I am so glad to learn that you are fighting the situation out.

I personally believe that the recession is about to end, and the year 2009 has taught all of us many valuable lessons. These learning will surely take us to new unscaled highs in the coming years.

All the best.

Regards.

Rajesh

AbhiShilpa said...

Thanks Rajesh. You have chosen perfect words... "unscaled heighs".
In broad sense yes! Everybody out here (those who are out of job) must have learned some or other thing which will take them long way. Some are working part time at stores, someone has got the engineering work from abroad to be completed at home and so on.

Yes.... those who were out of job has earned experience as well.... and that too invaluable.

-Abhijit.